Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fondue


Everybody is invited to Alan and Jenny's house on Friday, Dec. 4th at 7:00 for fondue!! (What a great way to kick off the Christmas month, don't you think?) Only come if you want to--this is a no-obligation family get-together. I'm going to make the fondue (cheese and chocolate and maybe even caramel if I get ambitious). I will also make homemade wassail!! If anyone who wants to come wouldn't mind bringing stuff to dip, that would be great. Email me to let me know if you can come and what you would like to bring. If someone also wants to bring hot chocolate or egg nog, that would be fun, too.

Ideas of things to bring:

For chocolate fondue: bananas, marshmallows, cinnamon bears (a must, in my opinion), pretzels, Ritz crackers, pineapple, strawberries (although expensive at this time of year), cookies (Oreos!), etc.

For cheese fondue: French bread, apple slices, broccoli and cauliflower pieces (cooked or raw), etc.

For caramel fondue: apples (I can't actually think of anything else--hmmm. . .)

Let's keep this to the John Stout family only--no cousins, please. Malia and Craig and Grandma Ann are welcome, too, if they want to make the trip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment