Monday, December 28, 2009

The Family Christmas Party and Talent Show Extraveganza!!

This year we decided to have a talent show along with the traditional white elephant. It was definitely a hit! I think we have a new tradition on our hands. Emma started off by playing a jazz boogie woogie on the piano. She is getting so good!
Then Rachel and Angela regaled us with a lovely rendition of Silent Night. Steve joined them on the last verse. I can't believe how talented my siblings are!

Mason, in his amazingly hideous sweater, performed a magic trick. I wish I would have filmed it. But my camera is on the blink since I dropped it last week... Anyway, he made a ritz cracker mysteriously disappear...into his mouth.

Laura does an amazing impression of our idiot cat Callie. It's uncanny.
Shawna performed the Thriller dance for us. Ow ow!
Steve played the guitar and sang a song he wrote. It was amazing!

Alana played a Jenny Phillips song she recorded last year. It was so lovely! We all think she and Steve need to sing together next year!
Paul had everyone throw fruit snacks at him so he could catch them in his mouth. Too bad I didn't catch more of it on camera! It was a hoot.

Courtney played her saxamaphone. Holy smokes, she was fantastic! We had some problems with the sound system and I couldn't find the other video I took. And Jared wanted a bunch of face time on the video...

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to recite a poem. We all know I can't memorize worth beans so I ended up reading most of it.

Alan and Jenny did a lovely dance. They are the kind of people who actually konw dance moves. It was a lot of fun to watch them!

Spencer made the most delicious hors d'voirs. He is becoming quite the little chef!


Marilyn recited an excerpt from How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Jared LOVED it! I love his little giggle in the video!

Malia told a joke. It was absolutely hilarious!What is green and has wheels? Grass. I lied about the wheels.


Mom and Emma sang a song that Devila wrote called "Stout House." It was so clever and witty and describes our house perfectly!

Dad was a total hoot! He played his ukelele and had everyone make up lines to his song. Mason is really good at rhyming :)

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. that is awesome. i am so glad you posted all this amanda. i am so grateful for all the long time it took you to upload these videos. i much appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That party was such fun! I'm glad we did the talent show.

    ReplyDelete