Thursday, March 12, 2009

Funny Story

So I've told a couple of you guys this story, but it really was freaking hilarious and I wanted to immortalize it on the Internet. So-
Yesterday I was going to the bathroom in one of the buildings on campus, and for the most part, it went pretty much according to plan. I went in the stall, did my business, and as i was coming out i realized that the lock had indeed broken while i was on the inside. I was in there for about ten minutes, shaking the door, trying to twist the lock back and forth, and even trying to stick my finger in the lock and shove it open. Alas, i had no luck. I was laughing silently to myself for a good few minutes, until it just got ridiculous. I had been in there for like ten minutes, just rattling this door, and by that time i was laughing out loud in my stall. I really wonder what the other girls were thinking, because, i was most definitely not alone. There were around 12 other girls in the bathroom, and one of them was just to my left. I would be thinking some pretty strange things too if i heard some random girl in the stall next to me trying to break down the door, and laughing the whole time. Now, at this time you are probably thinking, why didn't you just crawl under the door? Well the answer my dear family is that it was because there was only about a foot clearance from the floor to the door. Needless to say, I laid on my belly and pulled myself out of the stall by my hands in sort of a penguin-slide type deal. As I emerged out of that stall, I found myself surrounded by about six girls, all of whom where very confused at why i was coming out of the stall in such a non-conventional way. All i said was, "Yep! That door is broken." The reply was just as I imagined- "Oh! I was wondering what all that banging was!" Or "Did you really just get locked in there?" or "Ha ha that is way too funny." Anyway- it was pretty exciting and it made my whole day. I then got to walk around campus looking like a moron because I was just laughing to myself for like an hour. I loved it.

-Shawna

3 comments:

  1. And I about peed my pants when you told me about this! THat is jsut too funny! Scamper the Penguin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another part of the story- I was in that same bathroom yesterday, and i came in to find someone else in that magical stall. I was like, "oh- they must have fixed it." About 3 minutes later i hear some rattling and banging, and i knew too well what that meant:) It was way funny

    ReplyDelete