Friday, February 27, 2009

Rascal Flatts, baby!

Thanks to Courtney's generosity, Alana and I were able to go to the Rascal Flatts concert! It was a miracle that Alana didn't have some sort of health emergency so she was able to go. Maybe this was because we found out three hours before the concert that we would be going...or that her appendix has already been removed. In 2003, Alana and Shawna bought me tickets to go see Rascal Flatts. Then, Alana and I bought a ticket for Shawna for her birthday so we all three could go. Well, then Alana decided to go out and get appendicitus the night before the concert. Nice. We called her during some of the songs while she was laid up in the hospital recovering. Anyway, this time, she wouldn't be stopped.
For those of you who don't know much about country music, let me enlighten you. Have you ever heard of Backstreet Boys or NSYNC? I know, I know, they don't sing country music. But they are boy bands with HUGE fan bases. Ok, the base is really just women of all ages, from tweens to mothers. But women just love them. Well, Rascal Flatts is the NSYNC of country music. I have been to concerts for all three of these bands. What can I say? I'm a sucker for boy bands.
We decided that we didn't really want to see Jessica Simpson so we went late, which really cut down on the traffic! We got to the Delta Center, excuse me, the Energy Solutions Arena, and my little sniffer picked up on the cinnamon almonds. I can smell those babies anywhere. It turned out that they were directly on the other side of the arena. I told you I could smell them from anywhere. We went and got some nuts and took our seats. They came out in a blaze of glory and sang some of their big hits with lights flashing and fans adoring. It was a ball. Thanks again Courtney!

Alana decided that this picture of me is cheesy enough to go on a mouse pad. I'm gonna do it.
It took a million tries to get a picture that didn't turn her into mud. (Notice there is no picture of me. I looked green like the Hulk)


This was their entrance. It scared us but it was dang awesome!

Real cute...
"I'm still excited!"

Alana looks more terrified than anything...

And, this? This picture is priceless. Alana looks like a bug with zero neck, and I have rabbit teeth. Rabbit teeth!

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I really wish i could've gone! It looks like such a blast. I love love the pics. Especially the no-neck-bug-rabbit-teeth one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA I love that last picture! I am totally jealous that you got to go I love Rascal Flatts!

    ReplyDelete