Monday, May 18, 2009

CHICKENS!

As some of you may have heard, on Saturday Dad bought some lovely little chackens. Some of us were against it, but upon seeing the little peckers in there little cage, Angela, Emma, and I actually came to think they were not so bad. Since we thought no one else cared we named them all. So here they are.
This one is named after a Scottish lady you
might know. Her name: Lady Cluck





This lovely little red-head is named Merideth.



This one's name is Sunshine. Anybody who
wants to make fun of the name will feel Emma's wrath.



This one's name is Glackie. :)



This one we named for its cool markings.
May I present: FALCON


This one is a favorite. A little chicky,
only a couple of weeks old. We
affectionately call her Goldilocks.




This one is called Zebra.
We have very original names, you see.




This one's full name is the Little Red Hen,
but you may call her Red, or Little Red, or Li'l Red.
Anything like that. I don't think she actually
knows her name, so I don't think she actually cares.
So there you go! I hope you all come to love (or tolerate) them as much as I do.
-Rachel, the chicken lover
P.S. Shawna I am sorry. I tried to name one for you, but Angela and Emma decided Hudson is not a name at all. ;)

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Thats hilarious! I didn't know we actually had them!! Unreal. Just like my childhood;) and ya'll better stop making fun of hudson- he will be my second born in the wilderness and you will all love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you going to live in the wilderness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you little girlies are so funny.
    i love the names ....
    and i think on the 24th of july this year we should have our own Chicken chase in the back yard there...
    now all Dad nees to get it a fat pig of our greesed pig chase! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! And girls, you better be ready to wash the poop off the eggs- that was my job when i was as kid, and let me tell you, it was not fun. Does anyone remember the mean red hen we had last time? She would settle on like 12 eggs and never leave. Everytime we got close to her, she would peck at us! Lets have happy chickens. And let's get a fence so when we do have our chicken chase, our chickens don't meet their deaths on our road. And i'm living in the wilderness because i'm homeless, jobless, and trucker joe wants to live in a tent his whole lif. So being the kind of girl that i am, i will follow my 'stache wearin boy into the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh. i am dying. yes i agree. lets have a world in our backyard of happy chickens. no"mean" chuckins. and can i just say -rachel that little exerpt about hudson and angela and emma made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And its a good thing that you didn't name a chicken Hudson, cause my son is not going to be named after a chicken

    ReplyDelete